Colour My World

For some reason, this song has been popping into my brain lately. I suspect that Colour My World has been sung at more weddings than any other song. I've loved this song since my junior high school days.

I purchased a two-cartridge 8-track set of Chicago songs at the Iowa State fair in, ummm, 1973-74. I didn't know at the time that they were bootlegs - heck, I didn't even know what a bootleg was! I was just happy to get some Chicago songs to play in the truck.

I had driven up to Des Moines with my girlfriend, Mary, to see the group Chigago play at the fair. My brother, David, and a friend of his rode the entire way in the bed of the pickup. That had to have been a long ride!


Colour My World

As time goes by,
I realize
just what you mean
to me.

An now,
now that we're near,
promise your love
that I've been waiting to share,
and dream
of our moments together...

Colour my world
with hope
of loving you.